“…No, there is too much. Let me sum up”
I introduced my kiddo to the Princess Bride recently, and it was awesome. I forgot how much of that darn movie I have memorized. It just might explain why there is not very much room in my brain for things like memorizing Brahms.
I apologize for what turned into an extended absence. I’m treading water like a maniac until the end of the semester.
So let me sum up for you:
1) The dutchkid got into the Montessori school I was on a wait list for. This is awesome not only because it solves the problem of where she will go to school after New Year’s but also because it solves my kindergaren problem (ie, indecision). She will stay for kindergarten. And beyond if the Army sees fit to leave us here since it’s K-5.
2) I am learning how to knit! And I love it, except that right now anyways it makes my right wrist sore. Boo. So I have to take it very, very slow so as not to hurt when I play the piano. And that brings me to
3) I am mired in the depths of end of semester performances and prepping for juries. I adore the Respighi that I’ve been working on, and I think it may become one of those pieces I try to keep in my repertoire. I love it as much now as I did when I began learning it. Which is saying something, normally by the time it’s memorized I’m sick to death of the darn thing. My Brahms Capriccio on the other hand I’m dropping like a rock the day after juries. Buh-bye.
4) My choir concert was tonight and it went pretty well. I had a duet with someone. It amazes me that I can sing in front of people and not be paralyzed with fright, but you set me down in front of a piano and I am a wreck. A wreck!
5) I am blessed beyond all I deserve to have somehow acquired a fabulous support system here. People who do nice things like take me out for my birthday, and bring me flowers, and then invite me to Thanksgiving at their house.
I hope you’ve all been doing ok. I missed everybody, and I’m desperately behind in my blog reading, but I will catch up with you eventually!